Thursday, May 6, 2010

Alfred, New York, Valley of the Insane


Basically, my project was intened to be a caricature of Alfred, having a laugh at the different stereo types and quirks that make up this town (example: the trashed keystone boxes, art studetns, frat guys...)

I wanted to use sarcasm and irony to connect and pull in the audience and have them relate to the caricature like I did drawing it, in the fact that we all live in this town and understand the various jokes that people from outside Alfred may not.

This class has change my perspective on caricatures and actually value them more that other art that i've studied. I feel like there's so muc thought and meaning submereged in caricature that gets over looked by the public, but I see that now and appreciate the brilliance in caricature.

No comments:

Post a Comment