Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mural


To write a statement about this mural seems, kind repetitive. Also I think the mural was met to speak for itself. It started out as a misrepresentation of Luz and I and how we are different from the cultures that we look like. However by the end of the project it became more about how we personify ourselves, the grotesque and caricature. In the end I wish it was more about misrepresentation, because I do not like the idea of having how I see myself plastered about eight feet by about six feet up on a wall. Try as I might it did become personal and my understanding of the meaning of caricature makes a whole lot more sense. Especially since I know now that it does not need to be funny, but that a caricature can convey stronger meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment