Sunday, March 28, 2010

Some of my understanding...


The idea behind my final- has something to do with the idea of truthful mis-representation. Based off my cultural up bringing and being raised in America, the constant struggle of being Hispanic- Chicano- Latino is hard. The definition is in constant fluctuation. Never fully Mexican- but lacking the American Caucasian physique and American customs. The way I think and go about my eveyday life is different in some ways from those around me- my final is going to be a personal statement about who i am, where I come from and society.
I chose this mural because the skeleton touches on a topic also present in my ideas- that underneath it all we are ephemeral. We live and die- and it is our culture that defines us.

No comments:

Post a Comment