Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Alfred Sun


I found this image in the Alfred Sun and I chose it because I want to get better at analyzing political cartoons. What I got from this piece is that religious organizations are mostly controlled by the government. This may not be a surprise to much people my outlook on it is that it's some other form of control. One of the other things I noticed was how massive the depiction of the government is. The control of the government is shown in the hands that seems to dwarf the size of the priests neck. If it were smaller and on the priest's shoulder it would have seemed more sentimental, not so harsh. I feel as though the two figures in the drawing should have maybe been the same size. This would have shown that their relationship is more like a partnership. It terms of what the priest is holding ,Im not sure why that was needed. I feel as though the message would have gotten conveyed without it. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment