Sunday, March 25, 2012

Obama man! Away!-Derek Georgia



I was viewing some cover art and some comic titles the other day and had come across this image. There is a series of Barack Obama comics that are released to the public. I feel like the whole concept behind this image is quite funny and hysterical. The concept behind a political comic is quite weird to me. The politics general only pick newspapers for the adults to see whats going on in politics. Now it seems like they're targeting younger and younger ages. Just the aspect of creating a comic illustration of Barack Obama seems very awkward in a way. Obama is not a super hero, he doesn't fight crime, anything. In my opinion I depict Obama more bold and bulky if he were to be in a comic book, simply exaggerate his features a little more than already done.Many depictions are of him in a small superman suite tall, skinny and awkward. I would like to know what the class thinks about the caricature of Obama.

2 comments:

  1. I think this caricature is a bit more realistic than some of the other ones that I have seen, but I'm wondering if they did this purposefully because of the age group they had in mind. As adults, we can piece together who caricatures are depicting even if they look nothing like the real person. If this image in particular is meant for an age group much younger, middle school or high school aged kids, they may not be able to piece together characteristics that are over-done and exaggerated and need something much more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree. This is an adult's comic. Who in high school, middle school, or apparently college now knows anything about politics? I'm merely posting here to point out that this is already a $40 comic. When it sold it immediately began being marked up in value; same story for Barack's appearance in the Amazing Spider Man.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_in_comics
    HOLY TITS!

    ReplyDelete