Monday, April 19, 2010

Culturally misleading

I don't know if this fits under physiognomy, but I see how the mural is truthfully misrepresenting. I am concerned however that the mural may be to abstract in thought on my side. It has symbols that are associated with Asians, but I am afraid that it could be read as Japanese or Chinese. Am I making it too generic? It could work, sometimes people assume I am Chinese or Japanese. This is where I am unsure if it is physiognomy, it describes a culture and a person without being correct. It says they are one heritage based off of looks, I know that we are not morphing ourselves into horses, but we are morphing into skulls and going deeper into our cultures and letting our looks dictate how we are seen. Is the mural doing what we want it to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment